Mittwoch, 17. April 2013

Album Review: Paramore

In this review I'll write about the new album of the band Paramore.

So, let's start from the beginning.
The music of the band always had a lot of energy. With the song 'Misery Business'  I  immediately became a fan of the band. Subsequently followed some other great songs such as 'Pressure', 'Emergency' etc. The song 'Decode' was the soundtrack of the Twilight saga. Then it became quiet around the band for a while . Of course I waited eagerly for the new album and was very excited when I have heard that their new record will appear in spring 2013.
On 05 April 2013 it finally was done and the album 'Paramore' came out in stores. The record contains 17 short tracks. Of course, I immediately had to listen! I sat down and put my headphones on. But what came next was quite a disappointment for me. What happened with the usually so energy-loaded album? The songs mostly seem expressionless and usually quite flat.
Of course there are also some nice songs, for example, with the song 'Almost In My Car'. The drum beat at the beginning proclaims: Now it will rock! The guitar riff that begins shortly thereafter, reinforces the impression and the text evokes memories out of my long-term memory, such as I was hanging out with my school mates in some summer evenings, and we all just had fun and a good time together. 

The second track 'Now' follows, which provided plenty of positive criticism in advance. The reason for that probably is the Youtube music video before the album's release. The marketing strategy has worked, which is not terribly surprising, since the third song on the album isn't really a rousing track. From 'Daydreaming', the fourth song, unfortunately nothing really happens for a while. To be honest, there is nothing really worth to remember.
The single 'Still Into You' is another one which I really like. This track is followed by three or four other songs and the album is already played . Well, 'Paramore' isn't my favorite album.
But I think the band just wanted to pursue a new musical style. Even though I'm not too thrilled by this album, I still look forward to the concert on 11 June in Zurich.
I will write you guys a report. Hopefully the concert will be better than the album... ;-)




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.

Beliebte Posts